Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Kiddie Garden Bed!!

My soon to be turning 9 year old daughter was asking for a garden bed since last year. I was very busy setting mine, so did not heed to her request. This year it was more like a demand rather than a request. She wanted few herbs with lot of flowers.

I headed to a dollar store to get garden fence. Got 4 of them for $1 each. They can be connected with each other and hence we came up with a garden bed for her. We cleaned up the weeds first, added my half done compost from last year and topped it up with a bag of top soil.


Mint is a perinneal herb that comes each year so that was her first option. I got few Pansy flowers which can sustain Ohio's spring weather.The only problem is that deer love them too! I will have to figure out to protect them. Need to try with blood meal or bone meal.


I had to salvage my perennial herb garden as the wooden crate planter that I made last year did not do well in cold weather. I moved my Lavendar, Winter Savory, Lemon Balm, Sage, Bronze Fennel and Chives onto her garden. All I need to get her are the flowers as per seasons. She shouldn't have any complaints!!





No comments:

Post a Comment