Tuesday, April 2, 2019

My Indoor Plant Arrangements

Indoor planting is in full bloom for me in winter months. I hunt for rare ones, with new space my list of must have only grew :-)

Since we have two living spaces and tend to spend more time, I wanted my tropical plants to live and lighten up the area.

I have one corner in living room dedicated for plants and by introducing IKEA white planter it has accentuated the greenery!! I have a chain sawed Bear that we picked up from Wisconsin trip last year to add some zoological element into it. I have a Mass Cane, Darcenea (Dragon Tree), Dwarf Banana Plant(that I separated from Mother two days ago) and the White Planter has bunch of different varieties of Croton, Ponytail Palm, Dieffenbachia, Mini Darcenea and Corn Stalk Darcenea. I water them as and when top soil dries(typically once a week in Winter).


I have arranged 3 Kokedamas(wrapped up with live moss) on the black ottoman consisting of Fern and Peperomia.





I did something similar to our family room in one corner but this time I changed it to hanging lanterns that I picked up from Pier 1 Imports. I have received several compliments for its display!! I have two Mango trees (that I started from seeds), Majesty Palm and a Pot consisting of Stromanthe, Prayer Plant, Ti Plant and Oyster Plant.




The mantle above the fire place looked bare so my plants came to rescue!! I have Pothos (had it for more than 3 years), Anthurium, Boxwood Topiary and Wandering Jew plant.


The other corner of family room has Dwarf Banana Tree(Mother), Ivy Plant and a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree.




Lastly my bed room has very minimal plant arrangement. I only have Ponytail Palms, Snake Plants and Money Tree.





My Kitchen has few herbs and Orchid plant on the window sill. I also have hanging teardrop succulents living.




Lastly I have a vintage terrarium that I still struggle to keep plants alive. Really wonder how they have designed such horrible product and my hubby purchased it for my milestone birthday!! I have sealed any openings and the little window with a silicone sealant and spray once in 15 days. I have  mini Bromeliad and Parsley Aralia living with real moss.







My Wish List:
Curry Leaf (alive)
Mango (alive)
Plantain (alive)
Bay Leaf (alive)
Goji Berry (alive)
Grapes (alive)
Cuban Oregano (alive)
Jasmine (alive)
Betal Leaf (failed to grow twice)
Dwarf Meyer Lemon (yet to arrive)
Dwarf Calamondin Orange (yet to arrive)
Dwarf Pacas Coffee (yet to arrive)
Dwarf Pomegranate (yet to arrive)
Fiddle Leaf Fig (alive)
Mass Cane (alive)
Dragon Plant or Dracaena Marginata (alive)
Pony Tail Palm (alive)
Majesty Palm (alive)
Anthurium Plant (alive)
Snake Plant (alive)
Peace Lily (need to buy)
Pothos (alive)
Wandering Jew Plant (alive)
Ivy (alive)
Topiary
Kokedoma



I have a mud room that I have converted into a plant nursery :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment