Friday, December 11, 2015

How It All Started



There are times when I think about how it all started and I still can't remember a sole reason why I ventured into eating organic food. Having lived in California close to Hollywood world, I had liberty to visit local farmer's market for 4 years(including winter months), and I guess the vendors mentioning "spray free but not certified organic" must have triggered my mind into googling few basics about living a organic life. My apartment was few yards away from Whole Foods Market, and I would end up reading/exploring few of their produce and products.

The local schools did their bit of sharing information about healthy living. My daughter's school sent us home a mini shopper's guide from EWG's "Dirty Dozens" and "Clean Fifteen". The list basically tells us the must buy organic fruits and veggies and they are termed as Dirty Dozens. Well, this mini guide has a permanent place in my wallet now!!

I also buy all greens (Chard, Cilantro) and yellow summer squash in Organic section of my grocery store. I also got into the habit of checking ingredients and nutrition chart of most of the packaged food.

One of my cousin suggested that I should blog about my research and adaptations for others to refer. So here I go with my 2 cents on Organic living.....Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment