Wednesday, July 13, 2016

My garden pictures - Exclusively for Euphoric Delight friends

Many thanks for those who showered me with compliments. Not sure if I have green thumb or not but I do have passion to grow plants. As said earlier, I have 2 raised beds. The one with wooden sides gets only 5-6 hrs of sunlight. Bradford pear tree behind blocks most of the morning sunlight. So I have Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower,  Brussels Sprouts growing in them. They don't need much sunlight. My other bed has concrete blocks as fence and this gets 6-8hrs of sunlight. Onions, Zucchini, Dill, Carrots, Chards, Chickpeas, Chillies are growing.


The two raised beds are on southeast side of my backyard.


A friend of mine who recently moved to India gave few more plants that I have arranged on this table. I have a 4 month old chocolate lab so can't afford to let them sit in my yard. He will rip them in no time!!



I have tomatoes growing in Topsy Turvey planter(green) hung on one side of this pole. We have Deers who loves to munch on tomatoes. I have blueberry plant on the other side. Squirrels eat them too.



My front porch has herbs growing in painted canned tins.



I also have a perrineal herbs growing in a wooden crate. I recycled my neighbor's wooden crate that was dumped outside :-)

I have Apple Mint, Chives, Winter Savory, Lavender, Sage, Brown Fennel and Lemon Balm growing. I have put Petunias on the side openings, so looks colorful.


Also my daughter and I made this fairy garden in spring. 

I have Irish moss which is dark green growing with just evening sunlight. It seems to be doing good!! I used popsicle sticks to make fence. The dog and fairy were from a local nursery in fairy garden section. I love seeing those tiny figurines!!



No comments:

Post a Comment