Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Watering Plants While Away

We are planning a 10 day vacation to Adirondack National Park during second week of August. I have been thinking few ways to water my raised bed but wasn't sure what method worked best. I had spotted a water timer at Costco during early spring time. I got home Orbit water timer for $30 which has 2 ports, one for manual and the other to program.

Orbit Water Timer

My raised beds are 30 feet away from faucet so I have two hoses connected. I also got a Melnor oscillating sprinkler and turned the adjustment dial to Right to cover ground from center of the sprinkler to the right side of it at the farthest distance of throw where my raised beds are located.

Melnor sprinkler

It took a while for me to understand the settings of the sprinkler. This set up was tested during last weekend when I was away camping. All my plants survived!!

Sprinkler in Action!!


No comments:

Post a Comment